Thursday, June 19, 2008

concluded

The blog ends here.

Well, quite.

After 10 months away - I'm finally home for good. And its everything I wanted it to be - I'm definitely making up for missing 10 months of American meals. :)

That said, I will miss England dearly, despite my year-long complaints. I had a wonderful farewell to it though. We saw the boat races (although even after rowing for 8 weeks, I'm not sure I understand how the bumps work ...). We had tea with gin and tonics with delicious scones and not so delicious fruit cake. We enjoyed ourselves to a great (too great?) degree at the Union party and met some wonderful people (only to leave them a day later - so sad). And I got some quality time with my high quality English friends, who I will miss dearly. Badminton will never be the same, you know.

So all in all - the year was a great success. Despite all the bad food, the homesickness, and the crap weather, my year in England and at Cambridge will be something I miss terribly. However, such is life - things always come to an end.

So here - THIS is the end of this blog.
Much love, dear friends.