Thursday, April 10, 2008

Naked Butt Count: 2

Still in Budapest. Should be called BUTTapest. I've seen 2 nakey butts today - one in the metro (crazy homeless man?) and one at Budapest's famous baths (he didn't get the swimsuit memo?). Buttapest. Hahha. I'm so funny, oh geez.

We leave tomorrow for an epic train journey to Praha (Prague, in Hungarian). If, or when, you come to Budapest, stay more than 2 days. We are leaving a LOT behind - meaning I need a trip back in my lifetime, soon. You just can't fit it all in, like Rick suggests (Rick Steves, that is - I still love him, but his timeline is OFF for Budapest man).

Today we saw the Jewish Quarter (beautiful), did some laundry (my fleece smells amazing), worked through the language barrier to buy train tickets (that are hand written, no lie. let's hope they are legit), then walked up to city park, had dinner at a "communist kitsch" cafe (freakin delicious! if I knew total economic equality tasted as good as my pineapple, ham, chicken, and rice dinner, I would have joined ages ago) and "took the waters".

Budapest's baths are basically a bunch of pools, some freezing, some lukewarm, some hot tub like. They are delightful, especially in the cool spring air. And if you can ignore the elderly couples macking. (Me and John refrained, of course. We're in public! And we were with a new friend - an American History teacher from CA.)

And when I used the word "cool" (in reference to the spring air), I'm using it lightly. It must have hit at least 75 today. I was wishing for a skirt when the sun was out.

4-5 cities left. All of a sudden its April? France seems so far away, and England even farther.

Much love.