Saturday, May 24, 2008

past week

Thought I'd let you know what's new here, in case we haven't chatted in a while . . .

Poor luck had me writing two papers this week (which includes piles of books), so the week in total is a bit blurry. Thursday night saw me working until 1 AM, only to wake back up at 5 AM to finish up that last paper. Ironically, because it was in late, my prof didn't have time to read it. So I read it to him, and noticed billizons of typos - I guess that's what happens when you get up with the sun to discuss Thomas Hardy. It probably wouldn't have been an issue, since it was orally delivered, until he decided he wanted to read it himself to "mark it properly". Whoops!

Wednesday was All You Can Eat Ben and Jerrys at the Union, so I trekked down (not really, we took the bus! we didn't want to risk an ice-cream cramp on the way back) with my friend Emma and Anna to sugar-load. Emma (we play badminton together) is a genius - she insisted we re-line once we got our ice cream, so we ate while we waited to eat some more! It was amazing. My new favorite is the Mango Berry Swirl Sorbet.I had two cups of it (about 6 scoops). :)

Actually, in retrospect, I'm loading in the social hours this week. Last weekend I went to Oxford to Jake's birthday, and got to stay with Janeane, which is always super. And I experienced my first Sunday Roast at a pub - more tasty than I anticipated. Morgan Romine and Gentzler are in from USA/Oxford, so there's been some activity there. And tonight I'm going to my first Eurovision party - basically its American Idol, but all the constants represent members of Europe, and its supposed to be cheese-tastic. AND next week I'm attending my first formal swap with another college - a lecture buddy invited me to an "English major swap". Busy busy.

I'm home three weeks from Tuesday. See you soon, friends.