Sunday, October 21, 2007



My plant is beautiful, don't you think?
It lives next to the radiator - I'm tricking it to think it's in the desert.
And I've named it Gloria.

The work is piling up, and I'm not doing the best job on keeping up with it. We're almost at half term too, which is wild.

I'm loving the badminton team. I have yet to go in a proper boat for Rowing, so I'm saving my total judgment for that sport until then. I didn't make the preliminary crew list though, so that decision might be made for me if I don't improve. However, I don't think I'll be that heartbroken. I'll stick along for the term though. Probably. I'll see what my calves and abs say tomorrow night.

I'm going to hear the Head of State of Libya speak tomorrow. As the term card puts it - he lead a small group of officers in a bloodless coup to take over Libya (and its pro Western gov) in 1969. USA has had diplomatic relations with Libya since 2006. It should be interesting. I hear the man is crazy.

James Watson canceled ("postponed") his speech at the Union on Tuesday, following the uproar that has been chasing him since he suggested that Africans should not be considered intellectual equals with Western people because we evolved separately. Stupid.

Oh, and I wish you could see the impressive bruises I have from my bike collision. I look SO tough.