Tuesday, October 9, 2007

rain rain go away . . .

The rain returned, but I still decided to bike to my lectures. Surprisingly, it wasn't terrible at all on the way to Sedwich (but my ears were a bit chilly!). After lectures though, I was scheduled to go down to the boat house and check out rowing. So . . .

rain + my sense of direction + traffic = me, terribly lost.

Ok, really, my sense of direction is the one to blame, but the other factors didn't help!

Thankfully, the rowing girls were able to get me straightened out after around 10 phone calls (3 cheers to my decision to get a cell phone!).

I learned how to row on the machines, and then they put me in a "tub." I wasn't very good (read: horrid, terrible, and bad) but it WAS my first day.

By the time I made it back to Homerton, though, I was soaked through and through. Those clothes are still sitting in my sink, in fact.