Monday, November 19, 2007

foggy london town



My mom's last weekend across the sea was last weekend - we went back to London and took touristy photos at all the required places. Great, great, great time, although I think the famous wax museum is overrated. And overpriced. I wonder if the celebrities get a cut of the profit made from their likenesses . . . ?

We didn't have any more adventures this time involving (living) royalty, although I got pretty close to some of the wax figurines of the Royal Family. BUT we did meet up with Leah (who has spent the whole semester trekking around the continent with a woman's studies group) and Lorenzo (whose spending a year in Paris) for tea in London. The world really is much smaller than you think. We had fun catching up.



Rail pass arrived today. We leave in less than two weeks. Woah. Lots of planning still to do.

Emma sprints was canceled due to wind. The next race is next week - they hope to enter two boats, so lets hope the weather agrees and we get enough time on the water. We did 2k on ergs today - it was good, but exhausting.

And of course, it's Thanksgiving week. Clearly, it's not a holiday here, but the university throws us Americans a meal anyway. I'm sad I won't be going home. First Thanksgiving away - I feel so grown up. We had a "Happy Thanksgiving" banner up, but one of the cleaners disposed of it because it was a "fire hazard". She lies - I think she was just bitter we have a holiday celebrating when we left their country.

love from across the sea . . .