Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rowing training has picked up - my abs were so sore today, that laughing was painful!

Our first real race is Sunday - Emma Sprints. Unfortunately, Homerton is only entering one novice boat - the rest of us just haven't had enough time on the water where it would be safe to race. I'm rather disappointed - it's supposed to be a great race. I hope W2 can catch up on outings - there are only 3 weeks left in the term, and I still haven't decided if I want to keep with it for the year, but I remember that being in a real boat is more fun than exercises on ergs . . . hm.

But - the silver lining - my mom is still on this side of the world, and we'll be meeting up in London this weekend, and hopefully seeing Leah (a great friend from high school)! So I'll be back on the tourist track = excitement.

John and I are finalizing our travel plans. We're looking at (in 13 days) seeing Brussels, Brugges, Amsterdam, Berlin, Bremen, and Munich. Hopefully the trains are fast and on time!

Even better news - I come home a month from today for two weeks! I'm ready to be spending the American dollar again, let me promise you.